As a self-confessed reality-soap junkie I am loving the new series’ of TOWIE and MIC. Any other fans out there might like my checklist of the characteristics required to star in one of these shows!
1. In real life you need to have a very flexible job or an understanding boss so that you can spend your time at a fake job on the show!
2. You must either look like a supermodel or be prepared to be constantly mocked about the non-supermodel like state of your body!
3. Have a relationship with someone either way above or below your league and make it look believable!
4. Practice your shocked/surprised face (botox allowing) as you will constantly be faced with ‘chance encounters’ with your recent ex and their new partner.
5. Expect the expected – these shows do love a bit of predictability.
6. Dress always like you’ve just stepped out of a magazine, forget about practicality – think 7 inch heels for a walk in a muddy field!
7. Perfect the ability to at least atttempt to keep a straight face when you’re meant to be having a serious arguement with someone.
8. Pretend to live within 100 metres of all your friends and that your life is spent ‘accidently’ bumping into each other on the street/in the gym/pub/etc.
9. Finally, be able to cry convincingly on demand in order to leave the more gullible viewers (ie me) somewhat confused as to exactly how much is real and what is made-up!!